The online community and resource center for all in life science related disciplines (BIOSCIENTISTS)
July 09, 2020, 02:30:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Over 3000 Nigerian Life scientists are on ground & willing to provide answers to your bioscience & research questions/problems; You only need to post it online Now! (Requires very brief registration)

To be kept up to date on interesting posts in this forum,  LIKE our facebook page!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pipette Calibration Services  (Read 6895 times)
etoye
Newest Bioscientist

Email
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:41:37 am »

Hello everyone, I am new to the community. its nice to be here.

I would like to inquire about how pipettes are calibrated in your laboratories and how often

Or better still how do you cope with faulty pipettes are poor volumes or leaking pipettes.

There is a facility here in Lagos where all these problems are addressed. They offer pipette sales, calibrations and total maintenance

Thanks
TJ
Francis Umeoguaju
Administrator
Expert in Bioscience Issues

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »

What exactly do you mean by calibrating pipette? just hearing of it.

Chances favours the trained minds
etoye
Newest Bioscientist

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:34:36 am »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and question.
Pipette calibration is a standard practice for most laboratories that use micropipettes in their daily operations.

Manufacturers always state that when you buy a pipette you need to verify its volume. After about 3 or 6 months you need to check that its delivering the accurate volume for your procedures.

A pipette is a precision instrument and over time after several uses it goes out of its actual calibration and users are not aware that the pipette is not delivering the desired volume.

it is recommended that pipettes are calibrated every 3 or 6 months in order to check this.

This is a quality control measure and also ensures that pipettes can last longer through regular maintenance. During maintenance, blocked pipettes are unblocked and serviced to a functional state.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Francis Umeoguaju
Administrator
Expert in Bioscience Issues

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 07:11:59 am »

Thanks for the feedback, i thought you were talking about glass pipette.

Chances favours the trained minds
etoye
Newest Bioscientist

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 07:38:01 am »

Ok. Good that you verified. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: