The online community and resource center for all in life science related disciplines (BIOSCIENTISTS)
December 17, 2017, 06:26:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Over 3000 Nigerian Life scientists are on ground & willing to provide answers to your bioscience & research questions/problems; You only need to post it online Now! (Requires very brief registration)

To be kept up to date on interesting posts in this forum,  LIKE our facebook page!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: research in biochemistry  (Read 2096 times)
bayofash
Newest Bioscientist

Email
« on: November 08, 2011, 01:30:02 am »

I am interested in research, i am in OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY IFE, NIGERIA.IN PART 2. I want to know about BIOINFORMATICS, and any "ICT" course in an do to facilitate the prospect .
Francis Umeoguaju
Administrator
Expert in Bioscience Issues

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 09:31:07 am »

Hi bayofash, Bioinformatics is an interesting area of biology. Its all about analyzing the ever increasing biological data with computational software. You can learn about it by doing a degree course or masters program in computational biochemistry/Bioinformatics.
Its quite a pity that the course is not very popular in many Nigerian Universities. You may consider doing it abroad. Alternatively, you can also learn bioinformatics by reading up bioinformatic tutorials on your own. Many of such tutorials can be accessed online. At least, it can furnish you with basic information to do some computational analysis on your own.
Am also interested in bioinformatics/computational biochemistry, I have written some tutorials on it, you can access my tutorials from Tutorials on computational biochemistry

Chances favours the trained minds
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: